So, I got a sweet email wishing me Happy Siblings Day a couple of days ago. From one of my three sisters? Naw. They barely know what day of the week it is nevermind an awareness day. No, not a sister.
Really, I have no clue whom it was from. Or why I got it today. Siblings Day is 5 days away. Damn spam is getting ridiculous.
Nevertheless, it did give me a good idea for a post. Books about siblings. So I googled and found this Goodreads list of the 100 Best Siblings Books.
A quick perusal shows I have read only 10 of them.
- Little Women — a terrible memory of my dad making me read it. Despise the book to this day.
- Pride and Prejudice — loved it
- To Kill a Mockingbird — read it in grade school and loved it. Should read again as an adult.
- Sense and Sensibility — loved it.
- The Catcher in the Rye — another school read. Also needs a do over.
- The Thirteenth Tale — loved this book doesn’t say enough.
- Persuasion — Jane Austen. ‘Nuff said.
- The Diary of a Young Girl — another schoolgirl read. Deeply moving. WILL read again.
- The Thorn Birds — I hated this book. Depressed the bejeezus outta me.
- Kane and Abel — oh, how I enjoyed this book. Made me a Jeffrey Archer fan for life.
How about you? What siblings books — on or off this list — have you read?
And don’t forget to give your siblings a hug, real or virtual, on April 10.